Private Investigator in Cedar Rapids Serving All Eastern Iowa
Five Types of Investigators
March 31, 2015
There are five types of Private Investigators found in most metropolitan areas, including Cedar Rapids. This post will briefly describe each type.
1. Legal Investigators - This investigator is usually employed by law firms and they mainly interview prospective witnesses and experts for personal-injury cases, accumulating and assembling facts so the attorney can intelligently apply the law. They are also involved in criminal law where they search out testimonial, documentary and physical evidence to defend persons accused of a crime, protecting the constitutional rights of the accused.
2. Insurance Investigators - Similar to Legal Investigators, Insurance Investigator’s goal is to
defend the insurance company against fraudulent claims. If you’re old enough, you may remember a TV series called Banacek starring George Peppard as a high profile Insurance Investigator out of Boston. He saved his clients millions by solving sophisticated fraud schemes.
3. Corporate Investigators - These investigators are usually part of the in-house security force for large corporations and handle pre-employment checks, internal theft, falsified records, accidents, worker’s compensation and lawsuits as well as internal security.
4. Specialized Related Fields - Many investigators also perform auto repossessions, bounty hunting, bodyguard and security work. PIs with interest in these areas usually work in these specialized as an offshoot of their primary investigative business.
5. The General Investigator - This investigator has a multitude of clients
ranging from individuals to corporations. The many and varied services include those mentioned above as well as skip-tracing, surveillance, process serving, marital infidelity, child custody and more. A General Investigator might be considered a Jack-of-all-Investigations. Patriot Investigations is a General Investigation Agency and our rates are very reasonable. If your needs require those of a specialist, we won't hesitate to refer you to another local investigator that can better serve you. Give us a call at 319-200-6213 for a free consultation.